GREEN CLEANING PROGRAM IN SCHOOLS
(CT PUBLIC ACT 09-81)
The State of Connecticut requires that each local and regional board of education implement a green cleaning program for all school buildings and facilities in its district.
The Woodstock School District is committed to the implementation of this law by providing the staff and, upon request, the parents and guardians of each child enrolled in each school with a written statement of the school district’s green cleaning program as well as making it available on its web site annually. The program guidelines are included in the District’s Employee Handbook and Student Handbook.
- Green cleaning program means the procurement and proper use of environmentally preferable cleaning products as defined by the Department of Administrative Services (DAS) for all state owned buildings, schools, and facilities. DAS currently requires that environmentally preferable cleaning products be independently certified by one of two third party certified organizations: Green Seal or Eco Logo
- By July 1, 2011 and thereafter, no person shall use a cleaning product in a public school unless it meets the DAS standard.
- The types of cleaning products covered in this legislation include: general purpose, bathroom, and glass cleaners, floor strippers and finishes, hand cleaners and soaps. The preferred green cleaning products used by the Woodstock School District are listed on attachment “A”.
- Disinfectants, disinfectant cleaners, sanitizers or antimicrobial products regulated by the Federal insecticide, fungicide, and rodenticide act are not covered by this law.
- As required by State Statute: “NO PARENT, GUARDIAN, TEACHER, OR STAFF MEMBER MAY BRING INTO THE SCHOOL FACILITY ANY CONSUMER PRODUCT WHICH IS INTENDED TO CLEAN, DEODORIZE, SANITIZE, OR DISINFECT”.
The implementation of this program requires the support and cooperation of everyone including administrators, faculty, staff, parents, guardians, and facilities staff. Any questions concerning the program can be directed to: Brian Musumeci 860-928-7453 ext. 318.
GREEN PRODUCT LISTING
|This chart lists the types, names , and manufacturers of the green products used by this school district as well as the location/area of application and the schedule of when each is used.|
|General Purpose||Ph 7 Ultra Daily Floor Cleaner||Betco||Floors||D|
|Disinfectant||Ph 7 q Ultra Disinfectant Cleaner||Betco||Restrooms||D|
|Glass Cleaning||Clear Image Glass Cleaner||Betco||Doors/Mirrors||D|
|Floor Stripper||Green Earth Floor Stipper||Betco||Floors||SA|
|Bowl Cleaner||SSS Blue Ocean Organic Bowl Cleaner||SSS||Restrooms||D|
|Hand Soap||Stoko Refresh Moisturizing Hand Soap||Stoko||Restrooms/Classrooms||D|
|Deodorizer||Odor Gone Non-Toxic Biodegradable||Odor Gone||Restrooms||D|
|General Purpose||Heavy Duty Cleaner #2 Delta Ultra||Genesan||Restrooms/Classrooms||W|
|General Purpose||Neutral Floor Soap #4 Delta Mild Z000||Genesan||Floors||D|
|Disinfectant||Disinfectant Cleaner #7 Genefect||Genesan||Restrooms/Classrooms||D|
|General Purpose||Restroom Cleaner #11 Enzyssan Z000||Genesan||Restrooms||D|
|General Purpose||Eco General Purpose Cleaner Wave Length||Genesan||Restrooms/Classrooms||W|
|Floor Finish||Prolink Green||Genesan||Floors||A|
|Disinfectant||Non Acid Bowl Cleaner Wave Length||Genesan||Restrooms||D|
|Hand Soap||Foam Soap Prolink||Genesan||Restrooms/Classrooms||D|
|D = Daily|
|W = Weekly|
|M = Monthly|
|SA = Semi Annually|
|A = Annually|